Join the UK’s leading renewable energy generator of low carbon power from captured landfill and mineral methane. Infinis generates most of its electricity by capturing thousands of tonnes of methane from its sites and uses that resource to generate low carbon electricity. We are making significant progress in our solar and battery storage operations, which means there’s plenty of opportunity for you to grow. We are committed to growth by investing in renewable electricity generation, and proud to support the UK’s journey to net zero by 2050.
About the role
We extract captured landfill methane (CLM) in a controlled way by applying a suction through a network of installed pipelines and gas wells on the landfill site. You will be responsible for maintaining environmental compliance and for delivering budgeted volumes of CLM to the gas compound. This job is in the North region, covering North Wales, Warrington, Crewe and the Staffordshire area.
This is a Monday – Friday position with a 1/5 week out of hours rota which includes the weekend - shift premium paid.
- Monitoring and adjusting gas flow from wells, ensuring balance within the gas field, and entering all data into the GARD database and Maximo systems as appropriate
- Monitoring of the gas infrastructure to identify early warning signs of operational problems or potential breakdowns and formally reporting all findings on Maximo
- Keeping up to date with gas field issues and liaising closely with the engine technicians, assisting each other to resolve any issues affecting generation
- Enabling the landfill site to comply with its waste management license/permit
- Acting on our asset management system, Maximo, or dispatch instructions from the Logistics Centre and for reporting your location and job status to them on a timely basis
- Auditing the effectiveness of the gas control system within the field and formally reporting all findings
- Maintaining vehicles, tools, and equipment in a safe, clean, and functional condition
- Maintaining a culture of best practice within Infinis by attending training courses, both internal and external where and when appropriate
- Ensuring you are qualified and trained for the tasks you undertake and that you comply with the Company’s procedures, HSQE policies and relevant legislation
- Ensuring all equipment and processes comply with legislation, permits and the company’s HSQE requirements.
Is this job for you?
- Educated to GCSE or NVQ level, ideally you have studied a STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) subject
- Safety conscience with strong problem-solving skills and a great team player
- Full UK driving license with an ability to travel between sites
- Willingness to work outside in all weathers
- Strong team player with the ability to use own initiative and work alone
- Confident using a laptop, mobile and completing online reports.
- Competitive basic salary
- Bonus opportunity – target up to 15% of salary paid quarterly and annually
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with 6% employer contribution
- Company van & fuel card which can be used for personal use, uniform, and PPE
- Green benefits offering a discount on domestic solar panels & EV car charging points
- Employee Assistance Programme, including an app which enables virtual appointments with GP's and mental health counsellors.
Our company vision is simple, but very powerful. We're focused on generating a low carbon future. That's all about making the most of clean, emission-free generating technology, and reducing any indirect emissions that come from our supply chain.
At Infinis, we believe that success is achieved through a culture of passion and engagement. We aim to reduce inequalities, foster diversity and inclusion in our workforce, and give back to our communities.