Join the UK’s leading renewable energy generator of low carbon power from captured landfill and mineral methane. Infinis generates most of its electricity by capturing thousands of tonnes of methane from landfill sites and uses that resource to generate low carbon electricity.
We are making significant progress in diversifying our portfolio of flexible and renewable generation sites with solar and battery storage operations and we are committed to the delivery of a low carbon future and supporting the UK’s journey to net zero.
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career in the renewable energy sector for an experienced Paralegal. Joining our Legal team as part of our Commercial function, you will provide administration and legal support to assist the team in its provision of legal and company secretarial services to all areas of the business including in relation to both the development and operation of our low carbon energy projects.
You must have experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts preferably from a commercial contract, corporate, or construction practice area. Ideally you will also have experience of corporate transaction management.
You should be pro-active, be able to prioritise tasks ensuring that urgent work is completed within the specified timescales, and work independently whilst being effective as part of a cross functional team.
This is a hybrid role with the expectation that you work up to 2 days a week at Head Office in Northampton.
- Contract drafting and negotiation including procurement contract renewals, deeds of variation, property licences, NDAs and call off contracts under framework agreements
- Reviewing and editing draft contracts and preparing contract summaries
- Managing contract completion processes including via DocuSign
- Checking contract compliance checklists prepared by Functional Heads
- Document and matter management including archiving documents, overseeing legal document management and workflow processes and procedures
- Due diligence and transaction management in relation to potential acquisitions and disposals
- Conducting legal research and keeping up to date with legal and regulatory developments
- Preparing paperwork for meetings and distribution as necessary
- Processing of department purchase orders, invoices and tracking external costs
Is this job for you?
- You have previous relevant experience working as a paralegal or in a similar legal services role and a strong academic background
- You have a law degree, have completed the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL), or hold another legal qualification
- Experience in the energy or utilities sectors and knowledge of corporate governance would be an advantage
- You can manage multiple deadlines at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- You are technically capable, have excellent communication skills with a range of audiences, and with an exceptional eye for detail and accuracy
- You have a logical and methodical approach to tasks
- You are competent using DocuSign, PowerPoint, MS Excel, and Adobe Pro.
- Competitive salary plus bonus opportunity – target up to 15% of salary paid annually
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with 6% employer contribution
- Green benefits offering a discount on domestic solar panels & EV car charging points
- Employee Assistance Programme, including an app which enables virtual appointments with GP's and mental health counsellors.
Our company vision is simple, but very powerful. We’re focused on generating a low carbon future. That’s all about making the most of clean, emission-free generating technology, and reducing any indirect emissions that come from our supply chain.
At Infinis, we believe that success is achieved through a culture of passion and engagement. We aim to reduce inequalities, foster diversity, and inclusion in our workforce, and give back to our communities.