Join the UK’s leading renewable energy generator of low carbon power from captured landfill and mineral methane. Infinis generates most of its electricity by capturing thousands of tonnes of methane from its sites and uses that resource to generate low carbon electricity.
We are making significant progress in our solar and battery storage operations, which means there’s plenty of opportunity for you to grow. We are committed to growth by investing in renewable electricity generation, and proud to support the UK’s journey to net zero by 2050.
About the role
As a Field Service Engineer, you will report to the Technical Manager and will assist with supervising and mentoring Field Service Technicians to ensure maximum availability of gas engines and related plant through trouble shooting and fault rectification. You will provide advanced technical support and training on specific tasks and field-based overhauls, major repairs and complex fault finding.
Strong technical knowledge of gas engines is essential along with an ability to travel extensively and work alone covering the Staffordshire, Cheshire, Cumbria, Lancashire, and North Wales area with occasional call outs to sites in Scotland.
Monday – Friday 40 hours shift with a 1 out of every 6-week telephone support out of hours service.
- Supporting scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks as required on a fleet of Jenbacher, CAT LFG, and PR generation sets, gas plants and BOP
- Identifying failures against agreed company technical standards, and raises work orders to allow the effective and efficient resolution
- Delivery of agreed operational performance targets including Mean Time Between Breakdowns (MTBB) for individual sites
- Ensuring all costs are controlled in-line with budget and taking advantage of any opportunities for cost reduction and efficiency as authorised
- Assisting with field-based overhauls, repairs, and fault-finding tasks
- Monitoring the work of contractors attending the repair of power generation equipment
- Monitoring of equipment using Scada, InSITE or other available systems to identify early warning signs of operational problems or potential breakdowns updating Maximo
- Manage compliance with the regulators including the Environment Agency and landowners
- Establishing equipment strategies which maximise environmental compliance
- Assisting in the management of stores to ensure a suitable level of stock is maintained
- Maintaining a culture of best practice within the Company by attending training courses (both internal and external) and supporting broader operational projects as and when appropriate
- Ensuring you are qualified and trained for the tasks you undertake and that you comply with the Company’s procedures, HSQE policies and relevant legislation
- Ensuring all equipment and processes comply with legislation, permits and the company’s HSQE requirements.
Is this job for you?
- High level of engineering technical skills with electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Reciprocating gas engine experience, Jenbacher or Caterpillar would be an advantage
- Experience in stripping, repairing, and fault finding on engines to a component level
- Fault finding and problem solving with field-based experience
- Educated to NVQ or HNC level or equivalent, or qualified by experience, time-served
- You hold a full UK driving licence, preferably with field-based experience.
- Competitive basic salary
- Bonus opportunity – target up to 20% of salary paid quarterly and annually
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with 6% employer contribution
- Company van & fuel card which can be used for personal use, uniform, and PPE
- Green benefits offering a discount on domestic solar panels & EV car charging points
- Employee Assist Programme, including an app which enables virtual appointments with GP’s and mental health counsellors.
Our company vision is simple, but very powerful. We’re focused on generating a low carbon future. That’s all about making the most of clean, emission-free generating technology, and reducing any indirect emissions that come from our supply chain.
At Infinis, we believe that success is achieved through a culture of passion and engagement. We aim to reduce inequalities, foster diversity and inclusion in our workforce, and give back to our communities.