Join the UK’s leading renewable energy generator of low carbon power from captured landfill and mineral methane. Infinis generates most of its electricity by capturing thousands of tonnes of methane from its sites and uses that resource to generate low carbon electricity.
We are making significant progress in our solar and battery storage operations, which means there’s plenty of opportunity for you to grow. We are committed to growth by investing in renewable electricity generation, and proud to support the UK’s journey to net zero by 2050.
About the role
You will join a skilled engineering overhaul team performing comprehensive corrective & preventative maintenance on our fleet of gas combustion engines. You will have experience of dismantling engines, axles, alternators, and gearboxes into their component parts, to service and commission the engines after removing parts to clean, repair or replace on site. You must be team orientated; deadline driven with a keen eye for detail with a flexible approach to working hours.
This is a regionally based role covering sites based in the South Wales, Gloucester, Wiltshire, Buckingham, and Berkshire area.
- Ensuring all component parts are removed from the engine, catalogued, and inspected in line with both Infinis and OEM guidelines
- Identify failures raising corrective maintenance work orders to resolve issues effectively
- Support the scheduled and unscheduled teams with gas plants and BOP duties
- Following on from the inspection, create a list of parts that need to be replaced based on condition and submit this to the shift supervisor for review
- Clean and repurpose all recoverable component parts
- Ensure that the engines are rebuilt to the highest of standards, adhering to strict measurements and tolerances on all key engine components
- Monitor and manage external contractors maintaining a culture of best practice
- Ensure all equipment complies with legislation, permits and company HSQE requirements
- Document site visits, complete service reports, booking parts out as they are used and reporting actual shortfalls to maintain van stock
- Ensure HSQE and compliance procedures are adhered to, reporting any incidents to prevent accidents or future breaches.
Is this job for you?
- Do you have mechanical or engineering qualifications, apprenticeship trained, educated to NVQ or HNC level or equivalent, qualified by experience or time-served
- You are experienced in stripping, repairing, and rebuilding engines to a component level
- You are safety conscience with strong problem-solving skills and are a great team player.
- Competitive salary plus bonus opportunity – target up to 15% of salary paid quarterly and annually
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with 6% employer contribution
- Company van & fuel card which can be used for personal use
- Green benefits offering a discount on domestic solar panels & EV car charging points
- Employee Assistance Programme, including an app which enables virtual appointments with GP's and mental health counsellors.
Our company vision is simple, but very powerful. We’re focused on generating a low carbon future. That’s all about making the most of clean, emission-free generating technology, and reducing any indirect emissions that come from our supply chain.
At Infinis, we believe that success is achieved through a culture of passion and engagement. We aim to reduce inequalities, foster diversity and inclusion in our workforce, and give back to our communities.