Join the UK’s leading renewable energy generator of low carbon power from captured landfill and mineral methane. Infinis generates most of its electricity by capturing thousands of tonnes of methane from landfill sites and uses that resource to generate low carbon electricity.
We are making significant progress in diversifying our portfolio of flexible and renewable generation sites with solar and battery storage operations and we are committed to the delivery of a low carbon future and supporting the UK’s journey to net zero.
About the role
This is a diverse and exciting opportunity to join our in-house development, construction, and projects team. You will play a crucial role in supporting the successful completion of our Solar and Battery Storage (BESS) renewable energy projects. You will be involved in investigating new acquisition opportunities, help prepare, submit, and manage complex planning applications, compliance processes, external contractors, and stakeholders to help get projects to the construction stage.
We offer a hybrid working with visits to sites across the UK, monthly meetings at Head Office in Northampton and working from home.
- Undertake development feasibility appraisals and support the preparation and submission of planning applications and subsequent gaining of permissions and discharge of planning conditions
- Assist in land identification and securing property agreements, producing clear and concise reports that involves data analysis, document control, project management support
- Monitoring the progress of planning applications, managing contractors and interactions with internal stakeholders, and producing drawings and documents
- Support the day-to-day operation of the team including arranging site visits and community engagement events, assisting with procurement and finance administration, and collating data
- Maintain project programmes collating data from development managers and project managers to support the project review process with performance information, including highlighting problems and trends to the delivery team
- Demonstrating a commitment to continuous improvement, identifying, and proposing innovative approaches, designs, technologies, or processes.
Is this job for you?
- You have a strong academic background, preferably with experience in construction or engineering as a project coordinator
- You are driven to work in the development of renewable energy projects and to help decarbonise the UK energy system
- Good relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work effectively, multi-task, and work under tight time pressures
- Good communication skills and a commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project proficiency, the ability to use CAD and/or GIS software would be an advantage
- Full UK driving license.
- Competitive salary plus bonus opportunity – target up to 15% of salary paid annually
- Generous car allowance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with 6% employer contribution
- Green benefits offering a discount on domestic solar panels & EV car charging points
- Employee Assistance Programme, including an app which enables virtual appointments with GP's and mental health counsellors.
Our company vision is simple, but very powerful. We’re focused on generating a low carbon future. That’s all about making the most of clean, emission-free generating technology, and reducing any indirect emissions that come from our supply chain.
At Infinis, we believe that success is achieved through a culture of passion and engagement. We aim to reduce inequalities, foster diversity, and inclusion in our workforce, and give back to our communities.