Most of Infinis' spend is contracted through multi-year frameworks with preferred suppliers. We use a robust tender process to make sure that:
- Prospective partners understand and can deliver the scope of services required
- Pricing is secured at a sustainable margin
- Together we achieve safe, high-quality services which meet the highest standards of compliance and governance.
Strong supplier relationships help us to spot potential supply chain challenges and plan ahead. This helps our partners to proactively manage company requirements a year in advance, which helps to improve lead times.
Within the business, we also carry greater stockholdings than in the past, to ease supply chain pressures.
New development partners
Major construction contracts are key to our growing development pipeline. Some suppliers face challenges around increased lead times and rising capital expenditure, and it's important that we enter into partnerships with a fair and appropriate margin. We make efforts to be creative and flexible when working with partners in a number of ways, such as:
- Ordering long lead-time components ahead of contract
- Separating some equipment supply elements from the main construction contract.